Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Making Characters

When I make a new character for a story I write or a drawing I'm working on, I never start with visual. I'm usually working on personality and flow way before I go to how they look. But this with, I don't really have that luxury. I've got a basic idea of how I want the story to go, and a loose idea of the characters, but that's more like placeholder.

For instance, in this first group, we have our hero, the Leader. He's capable and has few fears in life, but he's not too happy about this quest. In fact, he reeeeeally wants to cheat (like another classmate did). But...that's about all I know about him right now. He's actually the least developed character in the group.

But I need to make a sprite for him to walk around!

RPG Maker MV has this character creator thing. It's pretty cool. A basic thing, but good for my needs. You can choose a hair style and outfits and colors. So that's good.


I'll get him fully designed tonight, hopefully. And then on to the rest of the crew. Oh, he probably needs a name.

No comments:

Post a Comment